July 14, 2016
- 2016 AWA AGM will be on Saturday July 16, follow the link for agenda and details
Mid 2016 Commonwealth Ranking list was released and Alberta has done extremely well with 7 athletes ranked on this list!
Matt Lee 69 kg class - 265 total 15th place
Mitch Barnard 94 kg class - 313 total 15th place
Ryan Meidl 105 kg class - 330 total 5th place
Markus Nielsen 105 kg class - 300 total 21st place
Josh Martin 105+ kg class - 330 total 13th place
Richele Deang 53 kg class - 153 total 17th place
Sam Schulz 75+ kg class 217 total 6th place
Well done everyone! This is a great result for weightlifting in Alberta! Looking forward to next season!
June 14, 2016
May 26, 2016
- Congratulations to team Alberta athletes, coaches and officials, this year we had 20 athletes competing! Results from 2016 Senior Nationals.
April 24, 2016
- AWA memberships purchased from April 21 to May 31 2016 will also be valid for the 2016-2017 competition season.
April 21, 2016
- Registration is now open for 2016 OPF Open.
April 5, 2016
- Results for competitors at Western Canadian Championship. Team Results are: Alberta 387, BC 355, Saskatchewan 350, Manitoba 122. Congratulations to Team Alberta!
The Alberta Weightlifting Association is the sole governing body for the sport of Olympic Weightlifting in Alberta. We are affiliated with both the Canadian Weightlifting Federation Halterophilie Canadienne and the International Weightlifting Federation.
We are a not-for-profit society incorporated under the Societies Act (Alberta) governed by an all-volunteer Executive board. For more information, click here: