June 11, 2017
- Volunteers are needed June 16 and 17 for OPF open. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
June 2, 2017
- Results for 2017 Senior Nationals
AWA is currently seeking nominations of candidates for the executive positions: President, VP Admin and Secretary. Please send your recommendations to email@example.com
AWA is also in need of volunteers to sit as the nomination committee on July 8th at our annual AGM meeting in Red Deer. If you are interested in assisting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
May 9, 2017
- Results for 2017 Farmstrong Open
May 5, 2017
- Registration is now open for OPF Open. A 2017/2018 membership is required. View the event listing for Event Regulations, Registration link and instructions.
April 27, 2017
March 29, 2017
- Results for 2017 Westerns
March 28, 2017
- Registration is now open for Farmstrong Open and High School competition, the AWA has launched a new membership and registration system! View the event listing for Event Regulations, Registration link, Membership link and instructions.
- Registration is open for NCCP Stage 1 Course May 6-7
March 21, 2017
- Results for 2017 Peak Power Open
February 22, 2017
- Results for 2017 Alberta Masters
February 12, 2017
- Registration is open for NCCP Stage 1 Course March 18-19
February 10, 2017
- Registration is now open for 2017 Peak Power Cup
February 5, 2017
- Results for 2017 Senior Provincials
January 21, 2017
- Registration is now open for 2017 Alberta Masters
January 16, 2017
- Results for 2017 Junior Nationals
- Updated Commonwealth Ranking list. Congratulations to AWA athletes: Mittchell Barnard, Ryan Meidl, Josh Martin, Samantha Schulz
January 2, 2017
- Registration is now open for Senior Provincials. There will be an A and B session, please carefully read the event information and contact the Competition Director if you have questions.
December 15, 2016
- Registration is now open for Youth and Junior Bullpen competition on February 25th, 2017
December 11, 2016
- Results for Hokkaido Cup
November 28, 2016
- Volunteers needed for Hokkaido Cup. View the information here and email email@example.com to volunteer.
November 10, 2016
October 23, 2016
- Volunteers needed for Youth and Junior competition! View the information here and email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
- Registration is now open for Hokkaido Cup
October 9, 2016
- Registration is now open for 2016 Alberta Youth and Junior Championships
- Results for Gordon Kay Memorial Competition
September 9, 2016
- 2017 National Qualifying Standards announced in CWFHC Memo
August 29, 2016
- Registration is now open for 2016 Gordon Kay Memorial
August 9, 2016
- Farmstrong Athletics Bullpen Championship Series event will take place on August 27 for Youth and Junior Athletes. Check the event posting for more information.
July 28, 2016
July 14, 2016
- 2016 AWA AGM will be on Saturday July 16, follow the link for agenda and details
Mid 2016 Commonwealth Ranking list was released and Alberta has done extremely well with 7 athletes ranked on this list!
Matt Lee 69 kg class - 265 total 15th place
Mitch Barnard 94 kg class - 313 total 15th place
Ryan Meidl 105 kg class - 330 total 5th place
Markus Nielsen 105 kg class - 300 total 21st place
Josh Martin 105+ kg class - 330 total 13th place
Richele Deang 53 kg class - 153 total 17th place
Sam Schulz 75+ kg class 217 total 6th place
Well done everyone! This is a great result for weightlifting in Alberta! Looking forward to next season!
June 14, 2016
May 26, 2016
- Congratulations to team Alberta athletes, coaches and officials, this year we had 20 athletes competing! Results from 2016 Senior Nationals.
April 24, 2016
- AWA memberships purchased from April 21 to May 31 2016 will also be valid for the 2016-2017 competition season.
April 21, 2016
- Registration is now open for 2016 OPF Open.
April 5, 2016
- Results for competitors at Western Canadian Championship. Team Results are: Alberta 387, BC 355, Saskatchewan 350, Manitoba 122. Congratulations to Team Alberta!
March 22, 2016
- AWA is hosting the Western Canadian Competition in Calgary on April 2. Check out the Poster for session times and preliminary competitor list for more information.
March 20, 2016
March 12, 2016
- Results for Peak Power Cup
March 9, 2016
- Athabasca coaching clinic will be held April 30-May 1
February 26, 2016
- Results for 2016 Alberta Masters
February 6, 2016
Registration is now open for Peak Power Cup
February 4, 2016
Alberta Masters competition registration is open to all athletes until February 10, see the Event Regulations for details.
January 26, 2016
- Results for 2016 Junior Nationals
January 19, 2016
Due to high demand for competitions there may be spots to compete at the February 20 event for the following athletes: Women Class 4 and under, Men Class 3 and under. If you are interested please see 9.5 in the Event Regulations and contact the Competition Director.
January 14, 2016
January 8, 2016
- 2015 Commonwealth Weightlifting Federation Rankings. Four Alberta athletes are in the top 25 Commonwealth Rankings for 2015: Samantha Schulz, Ryan Meidl, Markus Nielsen, Joshua Martin.
December 13, 2015
- Registration is open for Hokkaido cup. Note the new CCES requirements for Participants as detailed in Section 5 of the Event Regulations.
December 12, 2015
November 11, 2015
November 10, 2015
November 1, 2015
October 23, 2015
Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) would like to alert the Canadian sport community that the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has published the 2016 Prohibited List, this is effective January 1, 2016 (for more information see the CCES announcement).
October 15, 2015
- Registration is now open for Alberta Senior Provincial Championships LVIII. Important Note: Registration for this event is limited to 60 entries of qualified athletes (see section 8.2 and 8.3 in the event Regulations & Entry Information document)
October 5, 2015
September 30, 2015
September 24, 2015
September 3, 2015
August 31, 2015
August 26, 2015
August 24, 2015
August 20, 2015
August 17, 2015
July 21, 2015
June 8, 2015
May 29, 2015
May 20, 2015
- Here are the results from the 2015 Canadian Senior Championships
April 26, 2015
April 23, 2015
- 2015 Alberta Cup Results!
April 13, 2015
- Register for NCCP coaching clinic in Edmonton!
April 9, 2015
April, 5 2015
- Team AB finished a close second to BC at the Western Canadian Championships. Here are the Results
March 31, 2015
- Results are up for the High School Competition in Edmonton
March 25, 2015
- Watch and cheer Team Alberta at the 2015 Western Canadian Championships this Saturday!
March 23, 2015
- Roy Sinclair played a large part in our sport and he passed away this weekend. Our condolences go out to the Sinclair family.
- The AWA is looking for assistance creating a policy and procedure documentation system. Please let us know if you're interested!
March 22, 2015
- Register for NCCP coaching clinic in Athabasca!
March 15, 2015
- Registration for 2015 Alberta Cup is open!
March 10, 2015
- Results are up from 2015 Peak Power Cup!
February 10, 2015
- Registration for 2015 Peak Power Cup is open!